Self Drive Boat / Hero Odysea in Dubai
The Self Drive Boat in Dubai is exploring the sights and sounds of Dubai on a motorboat you’ll be driving yourself. You command your own boat as you cruise on Dubai’s waters in the company of experienced guides. We set things off with a visit to the Old Jumeirah Fishing Harbor where you get a peek into Dubai’s roots as a fishing hub. The various methods that were used to catch fish are sure to fascinate you. Watch the traditional fishing boats called ‘Launches’ as they maneuver their way through the waves back to land with lots of fish.
You hop into the assigned to you only after a safety briefing by the staff. Make sure that you go on a test ride on the boat to habituate yourself to using it. Once you are confident about being able to handle the boat, off you go showing off your maneuvering skills to the tourists on Kite Beach. Take in spectacular views of the Burj Al Arab standing tall on a triangular island.
Don’t forget to capture the beautiful sights on your camera. They are sure to be a roaring hit on Instagram. Take your boat cruising along the largest man-made islands of the world while watching its luxurious hotels and villas. Take in spectacular views of Atlantis, The Palm, and the jewel in the crown of Jumeirah Island to round off this exciting boating adventure.
- A 90/120-minute boat riding session
- An expert guide for the ride
- Bottled water
- If you opt for the Sunset Tour, you can enjoy the mesmerizing sight of the sun going down over the Arabian Gulf
Points to Note
- Only those above 6 years of age are allowed to go for the boat ride
- There’s no need for a boat license for this sport
- No more than 225 kilos is allowed on a boat at a time
- Do carry sunglasses
- You’ll be given water and sunscreen at the venue
- Children between 6 and 17 years of age can only come along as passengers
- Owing to safety concerns, pregnant women aren’t allowed to participate
- All guests need to put on an inflatable safety vest while riding the boat
- Operates every day
- The available time slots are- 9 am, 11 am, 2 pm, and 4:30 pm
How Should You Reach the Venue?
Dubai Offshore Sailing Club 1 is the closest bust stop. The venue is just a 5-minute walk from there.
Buses on routes 8, 81, 88, N55 and others can take you there.