The Ras Al Khaimah Desert Safari is an escape into a world of thrilling adventure in the vast expanse of the desert away from the crowds of Dubai. The adventure begins when you are picked up from your chosen location in Dubai and are driven to the charming city of Ras Al Khaimah. After you reach the desert, the powerful 4×4 vehicle you are in takes you on an adrenaline-thumping dash up and down the slopes of the sand dunes in an adventure called dune bashing. After experiencing the adrenaline rush of dune bashing, stop by and relax a bit as you take in the beauty of the desert sunset. Capture the surreal sight of a golden hue spreading across the desert in your camera as the sun goes down beyond the sand dunes.
After you have enjoyed watching the beauty of the exotic sunset, it’s time to step into a camp set up in the desert. Get a feel of Bedouin life as you settle into the soft carpets and cushions. Try exotic experiences like smoking the shisha and having your arms decorated with intricate henna designs by skilled local artists. Relax in the camp as you get a feel of traditional Emirati hospitality. If you are keen for some more adventure, have a go at sandboarding zooming up and down the sand dunes. You could also opt to take a relaxing ride on a camel, ‘the ship of the desert’. Things come alive during an exotic belly dance and tanoura show. Your desert adventure comes to an end with a sumptuous BBQ dinner including mouthwatering local and international fare.
Ras Al Khaimah Desert Safari Inclusions
- A dune-bashing session
- A ride on a camel
- Sandboarding session
- Refreshing welcome drinks
- Henna painting performed by skilled local artists
- A belly dance performance and a tanoura show
- A lavish BBQ dinner spread
- Smoking sheesha at an exclusive zone
Why the Ras Al Khaimah Desert Safari is Worth Going To
- Explore the UAE beyond the glamour and glitz of Dubai
- Soak in the serenity and tranquility of the vast desert plain
- Get a kick as you enjoy the exhilarating dune bashing and sandboarding sessions
- Enjoy a relaxing ride on a friendly camel
- Enjoy a sheesha smoking session or a henna painting session in the comfort of your desert camp as you experience gems of traditional Emirati culture
- Enjoy a mesmerizing belly dance show and a vibrant tanoura performance that bring things alive inside the camp
- Draw the curtains on a fascinating day digging into a mouth-watering BBQ dinner spread
- Enjoy a comfortable drive back to your hotel, a part of the return transfers are included in the package
Important Points to Note
- Pick-ups and drops are carried out only from hotels and residences located in Dubai and not the airport
- An additional charge shall have to be paid if pick-ups and drops have to be made from locations other than hotels and residences in Dubai
- Guests with chronic backache and pregnant women are requested to skip this activity
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any heavy luggage
The Cancellation Policy
- There shall be no charges for cancellations made at least 24 hours before the scheduled trip
- There shall be a 100% charge if the cancellations are made within 24 hours of the scheduled trip
- If you’re found eligible for a refund, the amount will be credited to your account within 7 working days
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What would make appropriate clothes for the Ras Al Khaimah Desert Safari?
It’s best to come in comfortable loose-fitting cotton clothing as they are the most suitable for the weather in the Emirates. Also, choose light colors. Make sure that you wear footwear that covers your fingers so that no sand gets into them.
- What’s the best time of the year to go for the Ras Al Khaimah Desert Safari?
The best time of the year to go for the desert safari in Ras Al Khaimah is between the months of October and March. During these months, the temperatures are relatively moderate.
- What kind of vehicles is provided for dune bashing?
Dune bashing is done in powerful 4×4 vehicles. The most commonly used vehicles are Land Cruisers and Fortuners from the house Toyota.
- Is vegetarian food served at the Desert Safari BBQ dinner spread?
Yes, it is. Dubai is a tourist hotspot and it receives travelers from around the world with varying eating habits. As such, all the attractions and activities in the Emirates of which meals are a part serve vegetarian food.